Visit our booth at the Heart Mini Expo on March 11th!
The 2017 packet pick up schedule is posted! Click here to find out where to collect your gorilla suit, race bag, and bib number.
The Cincinnati Gorilla Run is included in The Runner's Bucket List: 200 Races to Run Before You Die!
The Runner’s Bucket List: 200 Races to Run Before You Die (Triumph Books, April 2014), by avid runner and journalist Denise Malan, is the perfect book for runners at all levels who are searching for the world’s greatest—and most unique—running adventures, the races that all enthusiasts should seriously consider participating in before they hang up their shoes.
'Top Ten List' to make your race day smooth
1. Gorilla Suits: It is recommended to cut out the eyes and open the mouth on the masks. If the arms or legs are too long you can just take a pair of scissors and cut to fit. It's your suit, do as you wish!
2. Parking: FREE (limited) parking will be available at the Montgomery Inn Boathouse. Please enter at the Friendship Park entrance as the main entrance to the restaurant will be closed. There is another parking lot behind the restaurant that will be available for all race participants and sponsors. Some parking may require payment.
3. Registration: Opens at 9am.
The Registration area will be located inside the skate house located next to the ice skating rink behind (west side) the Montgomery Inn Boathouse. Participants are able to pick up their gorilla suits, bibs and race packets on Race Day! Any last minute family and friends will be able to register on Race Day, but be advised there is a late fee and suits are limited!
If you are a "First Time Gorilla" and already have your gorilla suit and bib number you're good to go and do not need to come to registration.
If you are a "First Time Gorilla" and have not collected your gorilla suit or bib number, please go to the registration area.
For the "Returning Gorilla" or a gorilla with no bib number, go to registration to get your bib number and goodie bag. There will be an "express" bib only line.
4. Donation/Pledges: For all you "Great Gorillas" that took time to collect pledges for our fundraising event, visit our donations table. Bring your donations with you and we will have an up to date list of all donations collected. We will add what you bring in to your online total. See fundraising section for more details and pledge incentives.
5. Pre-ordered T-Shirts: If you have pre-ordered a t-shirt, you will receive it at packet pick up. If you have not pre-ordered any of these items, please visit the retail booth and do some shopping. We will take credit card as well as check and cash.
6. The "Most Creative Gorilla Contest" Will begin at 10:30am. For those of you creative gorillas, please be ready to go and one of our volunteers will ask you a couple questions. We will have a panel of highly qualified judges for the best individual and group of gorillas. if you do not plan to enter, just come and watch. It's very entertaining!
7. Race Starts: At 11:00am all gorilla runners will start first. If you are walking or jogging please hold back and we will start you second. (Approx: 11:05am)
8. Course: The course is a 5K and we are using some of the bike path systems and streets. You may walk, run, or push a stroller. Please note no wheels (bikes, rollerblades, skateboards, etc.) will be allowed! For the diehard runner and going for 1st place (male and female), the only requirement is that you have to keep your full gorilla suit on.
9. Lanyards for lunch: Included with your registration is entry into the Silverback After Party. You will receive a lanyard in your race bag which gives you access to lunch, 1 free beer, music and the awards ceremony. All of this will take place at the ice skating rink. Food service will begin at 11:30AM. Friends & family may join you at the After Party by purchasing a ticket for only $10!
10. Bag Drop Booth: There will be a "Bag Drop" booth available for all participants. This is also located at the ice skating rink.
Have a fun, safe event and thank you all for helping the mission of the Mountain Gorilla Conservation Fund and the Mountain Gorillas!