The 2014 packet pick up schedule is posted! Click here to find out where to collect your gorilla suit, race bag, and bib number.
The Cincinnati Gorilla Run is included in The Runner's Bucket List: 200 Races to Run Before You Die!
The Runner’s Bucket List: 200 Races to Run Before You Die (Triumph Books, April 2014), by avid runner and journalist Denise Malan, is the perfect book for runners at all levels who are searching for the world’s greatest—and most unique—running adventures, the races that all enthusiasts should seriously consider participating in before they hang up their shoes.
New for 2013 - Little Gorilla 1K Fun Run
Photo: Lara Gale
Kids 12 & under can participate in the Little Gorilla 1K Fun Run. Kids can run with or without a gorilla suit, but costumes are encouraged! Race start is 10:15am and age group winners will be recognized immediately following the fun run.
Click here to register!
'Top Ten List' to make your race day smooth
1. Gorilla Suits: It is recommended to cut out the eyes and open the mouth on the masks. If the arms or legs are too long you can just take a pair of scissors and cut to fit. It's your suit, do as you wish!
2. Parking: FREE (limited) parking will be available at the Montgomery Inn Boathouse. Please enter at the Friendship Park entrance as the main entrance to the restaurant will be closed. There is another parking lot behind the restaurant that will be available for all race participants and sponsors. Some parking may require payment.
3. Registration: Opens at 9am.
The Registration area will be located inside the skate house located next to the ice skating rink behind (west side) the Montgomery Inn Boathouse. Participants are able to pick up their gorilla suits, bibs and race packets on Race Day! Any last minute family and friends will be able to register on Race Day, but be advised there is a late fee and suits are limited!
If you are a "First Time Gorilla" and already have your gorilla suit and bib number you're good to go and do not need to come to registration.
If you are a "First Time Gorilla" and have not collected your gorilla suit or bib number, please go to the registration area.
For the "Returning Gorilla" or a gorilla with no bib number, go to registration to get your bib number and goodie bag. There will be an "express" bib only line.
4. Donation/Pledges: For all you "Great Gorillas" that took time to collect pledges for our fundraising event, come to the registration area and you will be directed to our donations table. Bring your donations with you and we will have an up to date list of all donations collected. We will add what you bring in to your online total. Great prizes for fundraisers: $50.00: Event T-Shirt or Silverback Coffee of Rwanda, $100.00: Plush stuffed gorilla, $200.00: an embroidered fleece vest, $300.00: A pink gorilla suit to distinguish you as one of our top fundraisers! See fundraising section for details.
5. Pre-ordered T-Shirts and Vests: If you have pre-ordered one of these items, please come to the registration area to pick up your items. Just mention your name and we will have your item ready for you. If you have not pre-ordered any of these items, please visit the retail booth and do some shopping. We will take Visa, MC and AMEX as well as check and cash.
6. The "Most Creative Gorilla Contest" Will begin at 10:15am. For those of you creative gorillas, please be ready to go and one of our volunteers will ask you a couple questions. We will have a panel of highly qualified judges for the best individual and group of gorillas. if you do not plan to enter, just come and watch. It's very entertaining!
7. Race Starts: At 11:00am all gorillas with wheels (bikes, roller blades skateboards, wheel chairs, etc.) will start first. If you are running, walking or anything with your feet please hold back and we will start you second. (Approx: 11:05am)
8. Course: The course is a 5K and we are using some of the bike path systems and streets. You can go around this course anyway you would like that is not motorized. For the diehard runner and going for 1st place (male and female), the only requirement is that you have to keep your full gorilla suit on.
9. Lanyards for lunch: Included with your registration is entry into the Silverback After Party. You will receive a lanyard in your race bag which gives you access to lunch, live music and the awards ceremony. All of this will take place at the ice skating rink. Our featured local band, THE CODE, Rock-a-Roll Revival, will take the stage at 11:15AM. Food service will begin at 11:30AM. Please let your family and friends know so they can join you.
10. Bag Drop Booth: There will be a Yelp "Bag Drop" booth available for all participants. This is also located at the ice skating rink.
Have a fun, safe event and thank you all for helping the mission of the Mountain Gorilla Conservation Fund and the Mountain Gorillas!